Thursday, May 13, 2010

Feeling Good!

It's been a while since I posted-sorry everyone!  First of all-I got my first comment!  Woohoo!!  I would LOVE to get more!

I've never been much of a gym rat.  I would go through phases of trying to work out and eat right, but it was just that, work.  In December I discovered my own Nirvana-Zumba.  I've always loved dancing but it's a little weird going when I'm married and all my friends are single.  Zumba is like latin dance mixed with aerobics.  It is AMAZING!  It is perfect for people of all shapes, gender, age, and size.  I have fallen in love with it!  I'm totally addicted and have been going 4-5 times a week.  I've lost 16 lbs since I started going.  I'm off on this tangent becuase of what it has done for me. 

Since losing the weight and learning how to flaunt my curves-the sex has been great!  I love practicing my moves at home, and hubby loves to see the hips move. :)  I still have confidence issues every once in a while but I feel SO much better!  Now Zumba may not be your thing-but finding that one exercise that makes you sweat, feel good, and bring out your confidence is key.  Find what makes you feel sexy and go with it!  Make it a major priority.  You can't have a healthy sex life-or life in general unless you take a bit of time for yourself.  It does a mind and body good.  Your significant other will love the new more confident (maybe even slimmer) self.  Heck ya!!!

What do you do to feel good about yourself?

2 comments:

  1. Doing something for yourself to feel good should be done by everyone. I think too many times women set their goals way higher than they needed to make themselfs desirable. If my wife weighted 50 pounds she would still have the insecruity that she is fat. Your husband will let you know he likes what you have done for yourself and knowing he feels good about you aswell as you feeling better is all the encouragement both need to keep up the confidents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! There is the positive side of bettering yourself physically or however, but it's also awesome to be happy with who you are. I NEVER really felt pretty until my husband. He was the first person to make me feel attractive and have some confidence in myself. Having a partner who is attracted to and loves you for yourself will make you love yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete