Monday, October 5, 2009

It's all about communication

It can be hard to talk about sex.  Bringing up the topic can be really uncomfortable for a lot of women, and even if you get the guts to bring up the subject, it can still be hard to really verbalize what you're thinking or wanting.  I think a big problem for me was really trying to understand myself what it was I really wanted.  Once I finally started to understand what things I liked/disliked I had to figure out how to describe it to my DH.  (dear hubby).  There's always "dirty talk" when you're in the heat of the moment and you can express what feels good, but it's not the same when you're in your pj's sitting on the couch with graham crackers and milk.  Last night I was trying to convey a particular topic to my DH and, even though I'm a million times more open about sex with him than I used to be, I still found myself feeling sheepish about expressing myself.  I thought to myself,  "Are you kidding me?  You have a blog that is solely devoted to embracing and expressing your sexual self and you're feeling this way?"  I guess it just reinforced the need for me to have this blog and talk to other women who feel the same way.  I gave myself a little pep talk and went back to the DH and had a better conversation.  It went pretty well. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment