Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Feeling Sexy

You know how there's some night when you're feeling hot and those nights when you feel the complete opposite?  What is it that makes the difference for you? 
I know some of the things that can really make me feel hot are when my hair works and is shiny, sexy, and bouncy (you know-shampoo commercial hair), when my make-up cooperated that day, maybe I'm feeling a little more in shape or my clothes just worked, if these things come together (along with freshly shaven legs)-I can feel pretty glamorous!  But then there's nights like last night.  I had been cleaning all day and was in my work out clothes.  My hair was up in a ponytail and not a smack of make-up on my face.  I was not feeling glamorous, but my hubby was totally into my look.  I wish I could've immediately felt sexy and been workin' it, but since I wasn't all glammed up, I didn't feel it.
Why do we do these kinds of things to ourselves?  Why do we feel like we have to look one specific way in order to feel sexy-even if our men feel differently?  I think I'm a child of the magazine generation.  When I am standing in line at the grocery store I'm always checking out the covers of the magazines and comparing myself to the latest super skinny women who have been airbrushed and had hair/make-up teams. It's ridiculous. I am trying really hard to realize that when my DH is liking what he sees, then I need to embrace it and work it!  I'm not saying my hubby doesn't like it when I get all snazzy and sexy-but I definitely need to appreciate my man who enjoys the natural look as well. 
I guess this all goes along with learning to feel comfortable and sexy in our own skin-even if it's not what we believe is perfect.  We can try to better ourselves while still loving our hotness!!  If we are loving ourselves it is so much easier to open up and allow that special man to enjoy us as well.

Do you feel comfortable with yourself?  What things bring out your inner goddess?

4 comments:

  1. You should feel very special your DH shows that it's you he wants not the way you are dressed or looking at the moment. Just let it go and enjoy the attention, he will be over joyed that you want him as well and the time you do get all snazzy you will both enjoy it even more.
    Just a males perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try! I know my own inhibitions are the problem. He doesn't see the flaws that I do. He just sees the sexy woman that he loves. I'm trying to embrace that confidence and I think things are going better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think women are more sensitive to this than men, he knows he has flaws too and is greatful you just see him as your loving husband. Forget your flaws he dosn't seem to think they are distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find my best way to forget about my flaws is to find small ways to hide them and accentuate my assets. If I'm going for lingerie, I tend to go toward babydolls when I feel self conscious about my midsection or thigh highs when I feel like my legs look fat. Then I can feel confident that I'm looking good and my problem areas aren't the focus.

    ReplyDelete