Saturday, October 3, 2009

What are your hang ups?

I think there are a few major hang-ups that women have that get in the way of really enjoying sex.  One major one (at least for me) is being totally comfortable with my own body.  I don't know one woman who would stand naked in front of a mirror and be totally satisfied with what she is seeing.  We are so hyper-critical of ourselves that it can really get in the way of enjoying being intimate.  I know that when I'm feeling insecure about my body I'm not as likely to initiate getting intimate because I'm not feeling confident in myself.  There's always the "lights off" or "staying under the sheet" method to try and camoflauge, but neither of those are very good options because that means we are restricting ourselves. 
When I catch my husband checking me out if I'm hopping in the shower-the first thing I think is "bend your leg so the cellulite doesn't look as prominent" or "suck in your gut!"  I KNOW that is not what he's thinking.  I try to realize that even though I see every pound, he just sees the sexy woman he loves, and is totally turned on by. 

Another major problem that comes with the "good girl" territory is guilt.  Do you feel guilty at all when you're having sex?  I've heard of many women feeling like it's still a bad thing to have sex even when married, or feeling like it's bad to enjoy it.  The reality is so opposite!  Sex is great!!  Sex is such a wonderful thing that is meant to be enjoyed in the right circumstances!  We have to work with our own psyches and try to pinpoint why we feel silly or guilty,  instead of allowing ourselves to thorougly enjoy sex. 


What do you think?  What would you say are some of the major things that keep you from really enjoying the awesome intimate time with your partner?

No comments:

Post a Comment